It’s January 3, 2013 and I’m writing my very first post for the year. It’s about 11 days after the world was “supposed” to end. I just had to be sure that a rogue planet wasn’t on track to hit the Earth. =P
Seriously, I wrote more than couple of years back that I was eagerly awaiting this year. What’s so special about 2013? Well, “life” is supposed to start for me this year. Aside from that, I am sure that I’ll go through some serious changes. I do not know the extent of the changes I will go through this year, I’m excited to meet these head-on. I just don’t know which mutant powers would manifest
How intense is meeting 2013 head-on?
- I met 2013 chugging on a few bottles of my favorite local brew.
- I met 2013 trying to stay awake watching “The Bourne Legacy.” I thought that something was seriously wrong with that movie. I thought it was boring, except for the chase sequence towards the end of the movie.
- I started January 1st by watching a documentary on Ancient Aliens. It was all about how Da Vinci was supposed to have been touched by aliens and their technology.
- Da Vinci’s paintings, once mirrored side-by-side, reveal alien looking heads. They kind of looked like Darth Vader or the Predator. If you ask me, they looked kinda freaky. Still, those images were nothing compared Giorgio Tsoukalos and his hair.
- January 2nd I went to the office like the rest of the good working class. Frankly, staying in the house bores me and I can’t really work at home. Plus, I can’t see anyone interesting at home whenever I take breaks since everyone is out. So, if you happen to be reading this and you assume that you are that interesting object that I am referring to, we seriously need to have a talk. =)
- I also made some more introspection and made the startling conclusion that I am actually a nice person pretending to be an asshole. For this year, I think I’ll hide all my Oscars and other acting awards and just be good at what I am good at; that’ll be being nice or pretending to be an asshole. I think that last part will solely depend on the moon phases, the varying degrees of inebriation, or the number of Happy Meals I’ve had.
Intense is as intense as it should be and based on what I can handle. So, what’s really so special about this year? Every day is, that’s if you live it a day at a time. I’m looking forward to waking up a few hours later after I click on Publish.